Tuesday, December 30, 2008

blaming others

We went to the museum today and I acted like a crappy person. And I was a crappy person because I could not transfer into 3 yr old logic why he could not go to see Grossology. So instead of trying to explain that I didn't have access because I wasn't on his parent's museum account (which has never been questioned before), and instead of ignoring his request, and instead of sucking it up and owning the blame-- I blamed the front desk woman-- in front of the front desk woman,

"She says we can't go C."
(howls)
"No. I'm sorry. She said no."

If that woman had laser beams in her eyes she would have cooked me on the spot.

But I really don't feel that bad (for her). I expected extra help. I have three children under the age of 7, and because you want $12 out of me, you deny me access to the pass that their parents paid too much money for already (and that I've already used like 5x before without showing any i.d.)?

I was not going to take the fall for that... unless I get to leave the 3 year old at the front desk.

1 comment:

  1. It works a treat though doesn't it?! I've done the same thing before with my niece and nephew. If it's me who has said no, they try to struggle against it for me to change my mind. If it's some higher power or authority beyond the realms of my control, they listen. Not all the time, but it's pretty effective. Good on you :) You can't say yes all the time, and that's a lesson that will hold them in good stead throughout their lives.

    ReplyDelete